Bipolar Disorder is a condition in which there are “mood swings” between periods of very good and irritable moods.
These “mood swings” between mania and depression can be very quick, last from days to months, or even overlap.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder May Include the Following:
- Easily distracted
- Easily agitated or irritated
- Poor temper control
- Poor judgement
- Reckless behavior and lack of self control such as:
- Drinking, and/or drug use
- Sex with many partners
- Erratic spending
- Very elevated mood:
- Increased energy
- Racing thoughts
- Excessive talking
- Very high self-esteem
- Over involvement of activities
- Minimal need for sleep
- Daily low mood or sadness
- Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, or guilt
- Loss of pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Pulling away from friends or activities that were once enjoyed
- Loss of self-esteem
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Trouble getting to sleep or sleeping too much
- Eating problems:
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death and suicide
TMS Therapy for Bipolar Disorder at Smart Brain andHealth:
Smart Brain and Health has sucessfully treated Bipolar disorder with TMS Therapy by specifically targeting hypermetobolic and hypometabolic regions of the brain with fMRI and neuronavigation techniques at our Los Angeles center.
These advanced techniques have enhanced our experienced TMS team to successfully treat both manic and depressed states, resulting in high remission rates and long term durability.