Therapy Insurance for TMS Therapy
- Smart Brain and Health is out of network however as part of our commitment to the enormous benefits of TMS Therapy, we will assist you in obtaining reimbursement from your insurance provider.
To find out if your insurance plan covers TMS Therapy.
Preparations for TMS Therapy for Depression
- On treatment days, you can perform your normal daily activities such as driving to the Smart Brain offices, eating, and drinking.
- It is advisable to check with your treating physician first before discontinuing any medication, including blood pressure and heart medication, as well as any medication for your disorder.
- Please bring with you a complete list of all your medications. This includes over the counter medications, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements and vitamins, as well as medications taken on an occasional basis.
Your First Treatment Session
- From your first day of treatment, our friendly and highly trained staff will make you feel welcome.
- Your first TMS Therapy session will last just over an hour.
- A Smart Brain and Health physician will target your treatment site, which is determined by your fMRI.
- A certified technologist will perform a test to identify your motor threshold. This is the amount of magnetic field strength applied that results in an involuntary movement of your right hand. This test identifies the magnetic field strength which will be used in your treatment.
- The technologist will seat you comfortably in a TMS chair and administer the treatment.
- During therapy, you will hear a repetitive clicking sound that mimics a tapping sensation on your scalp. This is the magnet stimulating or suppressing the targeted area to restore it to its normal function.
Subsequent Treatment Sessions
- Most sessions will last approximately 1 hour.
- All patients are assessed weekly for potential changes in their TMS prescription.
- Mid treatment patient will complete another fMRI to check progress.
- End of treatment patient will complete yet another fMRI to determine discharge.