Obsessive Compulsive Disorder(OCD) is a disorder of the brain and behavior that involves compulsions and obsessions that can take over a person’s thoughts and causes severe anxiety.
Obsession Symptoms May Include the Following:
- Intense stress when items are not perfect or orderly
- Fear of shaking hands or touching objects others have touched because of potential contamination
- Doubts of turning off an appliance or locking something
- Thoughts or images of hurting someone in an accident
- Impulses to shout obscenities in inappropriate situations
- Avoidance of situations that can trigger obsessions
- Replaying pornographic images in your mind
- Skin irritation due to frequent hand washing
- Skin lesions due to picking of the skin
- Bald spots due to pulling hair
Compulsive Symptoms May Include the Following:
- Rumination of thoughts
- Overly thinking about particular feelings or thoughts
- Washing hands until the skin becomes raw
- Checking on items repeatedly to be sure they are locked, turned off, etc.
- Counting in certain patterns
- Arranging items to face the same direction
Smart Brain and Health TMS Therapy Application for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder:
The experienced TMS team at Smart Brain and Health utilizes patented fMRI imaging techniques to target the orbital frontal region of the brain to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) successfully with TMS Therapy.
Patients treated at our Los Angeles TMS center have recognized a significantly higher remission rate from OCD symptoms due to these advanced targeting techniques.