Smart Brain and Health
Neuroimaging located in Santa Monica, CA & Beverly Hills, CA
What is TMS Therapy?
- TMS Therapy is a non-pharmacological treatment that is FDA-cleared for the treatment of Depression.
- It is safe, effective, and non-invasive.
- TMS Therapy uses magnetic pulses to stimulate the parts of the brain that are associated with depression and other brain disorders.
- In Depressed patients, parts of the frontal lobe of the brain can be stimulated with a focused magnetic field resulting in a significant improvement in mood, drive, energy, and sense of well-being.
- Smart Brain and Health offers a unique and exclusive approach by combining functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) and neuronavigation with stereotactic techniques to precisely target specific areas of the brain. This imaging guided technique has demonstrated a higher percentage of positive patient responses to TMS Therapy.
How does TMS Therapy Work at Smart Brain and Health?
- Our program is unique in that it utilizes accurate MRI images and stereotactic neuronavigation equipment (Brain Lab) to more effectively target the brain.
- We monitor patient progression with functional MRI studies during specific intervals of treatment in addition to neurocognitive testing.
- TMS is well recognized as an effective tool in reversing the effects of severe Depression. Additional neuropsychiatric applications are becoming more widely used such as: Major Anxiety Disorder (MAD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and others.
- The TMS coil utilizes a changing magnetic field in a biologically safe manner to stimulate the targeted neurons. It is also being shown to increase neuroplasticity in the brain.
What are benefits of TMS Therapy?
- Effective non-pharmacologic treatment
- No Anesthesia required
- No Side Effects*
- Outpatient Procedure
- Targeted (exclusively at Smart Brain and Health)
*Some patients have reported a mild headache during the initial treatments.